Reflection on Language Art Essay

In language art class we have read many poems, short stories and a novel to make a point that this literature had. We had many different kinds of tasks about the unit; ‘culture’ and recently we got a one last big assessment which was to write an essay about the culture that the literature had.

First I had to make a thesis statement that is reasonable and strong. But it wasn’t easy to just make a statement. So therefore, we made a graphic organizer in many different ways to make our life more comfortable. Some did made a graph but I made a mind map to find connections easily. After I wrote all those connections to each poems and stories, I found a huge fact that authors use nature as a metaphor and some did use for their background information. But choosing a right fact that had associations with most of the literature was tough and the statement that I made was good enough to make my points.

After I chose the statement I started to right points which were to make an outline. Making an outline was easy enough, because I had a center fact which was thesis statement. When I have read literature again, my thesis statement really began to make senses and now I am writing an essay to support my statement.