Reflection of Language Art Assessment Task

At the beginning of this semester, we have started to learn about the ‘culture’ then we have chosen a book with several choices, then I chose the book called, ‘the serpent’s children’ by Laurence Yep who was American- Chinese writer.

Then after we read this book, we put some notes on specific parts that are associated with the author’s culture and the story in this book. Additionally, we had a research question anything about the culture and I chose ‘food’. ‘Is food a culture?’ was my typical question for this chapter. After we organize and understand book and a question, Mss. Taynton gave us a task to show what we have learned so far about culture with connecting the question and a book that we read.

First I my challenge was to make a fabulous movie that could shock others but it was impossible to make them. So my second choice, which was safer than the video with mine craft, I made a story with connecting the author’s culture. I was surprised that I wrote that long, but I have expected that the story will be tough to understand, because too much imaginary and thinking were included in this story so I know that others will not understand my point easily. But I think making this story was pretty high challenge to me, because I have never this long story with typing. Also, it took me long time to get inspirations. So it was honor to me to have this task and learn about cultures. Also I am satisfying with my work.

One thought on “Reflection of Language Art Assessment Task

1. Sung Won, I am very happy to hear that you challenged yourself in this task and wrote a story. The next skill you need to develop is how to edit what you write. You *must* develop the skill of re-reading and editing your work before publishing. This refers to both the story and your blog post. You have great ideas but they get lost because it’s hard to follow what you are saying as there are too many errors: run-on sentences; changes in tense; incomplete sentences; to mention just a few. This is not the first time I’ve said this so you really need to take note. You will not improve if you don’t take time to check your writing.

It’s great to be creative and imaginative but without strong writing skills you will not be able to use those to their fullest advantage.